Wednesday 29 September 2010

No I have not become a train spotter




















I was on Platform 2 at Clapham Junction station today waiting for the London Underground to Shepherds Bush and sitting on the line between platforms 2 and 3 looking rather out of place on a train line I have not seen used before was this wonderful train.
I was most interested with the refeerence to West Coast Trains on its side.  That sounds more it should be in Scotland!
When I got back I typed Train 70706 in Google and if by magic loads of information on this 'ancient' train became available.  It is a Class 37 train that entered service on 11 June 1961.  So its nearlty 50 years old.
Amazing what information Google can bring to your desktop with just a few numbers............
You will find loads of pictures of this train and information on some of its recent journeys at
http://www.railwayherald.org/imaging.centre/stock/viewloco.php?sid=37706

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.