Wednesday 10 November 2010

Worthing: old and new stations

I frequently take a trip to Worthing and it is very well served by the railway.
In the past it was called Worthing Central as there are also West Worthing and East Worthing stations
It has a great service back and forth to London which I frequently use.
It is also on the Brighton to Southampton line which again provides an excellent link
According to WikiPedia it is on what is called the West Coastway Line, which is a bit confusing as it is on the South Coast!
I was at the main Worthing Station again today and camera in hand I got snapping!
.Just down the road from Worthing station (picture 1) is a wonderful building which was the 'original station (picture 2).
There is little historical information available about the old station on the web so all I know is on the blue plaque (picture 3)
This records that the 'old' station opened in 1845

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.